Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The new baby!

We have a new baby! She is a little over 4 months old and she's as cute as can be!
Meet.... Cricket. Our new baby Miniature horse.


As you know... I sold my horse Rhain back in April. I've really missed her! But it was a real blessing that I sold her when I did, since Jeff lost his job only weeks later.
I'm lucky enough that I have a mother that has always encouraged my love of horses. Maybe that's because she loves them just as much as I do! We've had horses since I was 8 years old and it is definitely one of my main loves in life.
If you've ever owned a horse, you will know that it is not cheap. This was one of the main issues between Jeff and I when we had Rhain. It's hard for someone who does not have that love for them to justify spending that kind of money.
My mom decided that she was getting to old to keep taking tumbles off of the bigger horses. She has been looking in to the miniature horses and decided that this was the way she wanted to go. I went looking with her on Saturday and we went to see these sweet little babies. Lets just say that I fell in love. I was able to persuade Jeff in to letting us get one ( I was shocked too!) They are less expensive to feed and my parents have horse property, so that's a major expense taken care of. You can't really ride these little ponies, but you can train them to pull carts and do some fun stuff with them. Little kids can ride them if they are small enough.
The main reason I wanted one is for Maddie. She loves animals so much. Especially horses. She can learn on her and have her own animal to learn to take care of. She really loves her.
The babies are a little afraid of people still, as they have not been handled a whole lot. But in just over two hours of spending time with them today, they chilled out a lot.
It's so much fun having Mads around her and see her enjoy her! We are really excited to spend some more time with her.
Here are some picture that we look of them today.




Maddie loves to pet her. Here she is telling me where her nose and eyes are. She likes that game.


This is my Dad with their new little one. They haven't quite decided on a name yet.


Don't worry, I'm not really sitting on her. Just over her. :)

3 comments:

Lisa R said...

Hey Keri! Awww, they are both SO cute! You are going to enjoy having her so much! She looks very sweet too!

debbie said...

Sweet. I've ALWAYS wanted a horse in the family! You know Cooper and I LOVE horses and will want to visit her all the time!

Em said...

i want one!!!! k, you skinny little thing, you look awesome!!!