My Grandparents both passed away in 2005. I miss them so much! I had THE BEST grandparents in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! Seriously, the memories that I have with them are priceless. Each of my siblings would say the same thing.
Well, 7 years later... and we are just barely starting to clean out Grandma and Grandpas house. My Uncle has been living there so we haven't been able to touch the place. Now he's not and we asked my mom if we could come down and get anything we wanted. I especially wanted my kids to go to the house that I loved so much in my own childhood.
Grandma and Grandpa lived in a old house in Ogden. As a kid we spent hours and hours exploring the house and it's many closets, and most of all, sliding down the great stair case banister. I wanted to share that with my kids. Maddie did it once and was done with that. I'd forgot how much it burns your skin holding on to it and zipping down. She had little "banister" burns on the insides of her thighs, the poor girl!
We found a few treasures to bring home much to Jeff's dismay. I picked up some vintage luggage pieces that I wanted to use as photo props. Jeff thinks I'm a hoarder for bringing them home. But I put them to use yesterday with Kailey to prove to him that I WILL use them!!
All in all, it was a totally fun trip to Ogden.
No comments:
Post a Comment