Maddie got carsick as soon as we got to Moab. Seriously, two more minutes and we would have been out of the car. She puked all over herself and her precious turtle blanket, so I was absolutely elated to find that our rental house had a washer and dryer!
Saturday morning after breakfast, we all bundled up and headed in to Arches National Park. I've been many times before, but it still amazes me how beautiful it is there!
Everyone but Kailey and I went repelling that day. Since I had the kids, I didn't plan on doing any climbing and opted to go hiking instead. And since she is the best sister in the world she stayed with me to help me with my kiddos.
We decided to hike Delicate Arch. This was Kailey's first trip to Arches and that one is a MUST DO hike if you've never been!
Sleeping Max and Aunt Kailey
Mads making her way down the slick rock
Finally made it to delicate Arch
Sleeping Maddie and Kailey. Have I mentioned how much I love my sister!
We were really quite proud of ourselves for accomplishing this hike. It's a little over a three mile hike round trip and both of us ended up carrying one of each kid, whether it be on our backs or in our arms pretty much the entire time. It was a little chilly (50's) and Maddie was cold and tired. So she didn't last too long walking on her own. Both of the kids look a little snoozer at one point on our hike. But we all had lots of fun! I was extremely grateful that I'm in somewhat of good shape from running, or else I don't know if I could have made it carrying 25 to 35 lbs for 3 miles!
1 comment:
i have always wanted to go there!!! so awesome. i LOVE your long hair AND you look fantastic. you can tell you've been running! way to go! i still go swimming every wed night if you ever want to come, but i go to dimple dell and pay $5 so i can have a nice little lane to myself and not have to fight any scouts;)
Post a Comment