Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Arches- Day 2- Repelling

On the second day of our trip my older sister Natalie took our kids for us so that I could go repelling with the group. First timer here. I REALLY wanted to try it after Jeff had so much fun the day before. Once again, I was so grateful to have my wonderful sisters down there!
We repelled a series of cliffs called the Teardrop. We had to climb up this huge ravine to get up to the cliffs. It was a little cold and pretty windy up there. Once someone repelled one of the cliffs, it was impossible to hear them over the wind. It was so fun though and such a rush!

All ready to get going

This is the ravine we climbed up to get on top on the cliffs

On top of the cliffs looking down on the first repel

Thinking about chickening out ;-)

You want me to go down THAT?!?!

If he did it, so can I

I'm coming down!

Emmy coming down after me

Second repel- The little guy on the side there is Jeff

Always the dare devil, Jeff climbs up to tie the rope for the second repel

 Me coming down the second cliff. Those ropes are so not flattering for the behind!

James coming down

Third repel. This is Jeff coming down. This cliff is over 100 feet tall. I was the second person to go down, and no one informed me that it was a free fall. That means that you basically hang by your rope with your feet under you and repel down. When my feet wouldn't touch the cliff anymore I totally panicked and started screaming and turning in circles. James (who was at the bottom finally got me to quiet down enough to listen to him. Luckily someone knew what to do. It sure wasn't me!






 Even though it was scary, it was so much fun! You have no idea how far you drop until you get over the edge. Major rush!


The cliff from top to bottom. That's Emmy coming down.

Making our way back to the bottom and to our cars. SO MUCH FUN!


 Our sweeties went on a hike with Aunt Natalie, Dan and Ninette to Landscape Arch. They were super tired by the time we all met up again. This picture was taken within minutes of getting on the road to head home.

What a great and perfect weekend. Can't wait to do it again!!!

2 comments:

Alex said...

what a fun trip! And such beautiful scenery. Good job, im not sure id be brave enough!

Em said...

so awesome!!!