When people look at or hold Maxton they are always making comments about how little he is. I guess he is little, but to me he is getting huge! Last week when I took him in for a weight check, he was a whopping 7 lbs 10 oz! So in less than a week he'd gained almost a whole pound! I'm sure that he's over the 8 lb mark now. The kid likes to eat I tell ya. Yesterday I took this picture that I have posted above. The outfit laid out next to him is a premie outfit that was the only thing that really fit him when we brought him home. All newborn clothes totally drowned him. The outfit looks like it should be on a doll. I can't believe he was that little!
Last week we had him back in to the pediatricians office again ( twice in fact). This time it was for a horrible diaper rash that he had. He's been getting one for the last couple weeks, and I'd been trying just about everything on it. At one of his weight checks the Dr. thought that it may be a yeast rash, so he prescribed some yeast ointment to put on it. The next week, the rash had gotten so bad that he had burns that were actually open sores and bleeding. It was horrible! We were trying everything. Changing his diaper every 15 minutes, every cream or ointment prescribed and over the counter imaginable. We had him in to the Dr. twice in less than 24 hours because it was just getting worse by the hour. They were baffled also and couldn't figure out what it may have been. Finally I posted something about it on Facebook and my friend Julie commented that I should try changing diaper brands. Especially if I was using pampers on him. Which I was.
She had a similar experience with her little girl while using the new Pampers Dry Max diapers. I contacted her and what she described pretty much to a tee what little Max had. We switched diapers and in less than 24 hours his skin had gone from brilliant red to just a little pink. We had spent probably close to $100 on this rash and it was the one thing that I didn't even think about. Plus... I'd think that Doctors would think to tell you that some kids are allergic to certain diapers and to try changing the brand. I guess it goes to show that sometimes moms really do know best. I'm so grateful for my friend Julie for making that comment.
Other than that little hiccup everything is going great. He sleeps well for the most part and he's just about the sweetest natured little guy I've ever met. We are starting to get little smiles out of him and it just melts the heart. I have yet to catch one on camera though. I'm working on it.
We sure are having a great time with him.
Little Stud
Splish Splash! Maxton loves his baths!
So sweet...
Put em' up!
2 comments:
He is adorable! Ive heard about those dipes too... ugg! Poor guy!! Glad he is getting better, and gaining well, enjoy him.
he is so stinkin cute. everyone always says how tiny max is, but i always think how big she is!!! ok, not really, she's a little pixie and i think she is a skinny minnie. i've also never seen a child put down food like her. she eats the same or MORE than brennan now. it's crazy. gotta fill that hollow leg of hers!
Post a Comment