Brooklyn is now sitting on her own. She still needs to be watched, as she easily tips over, but she's well on her way. She started rolling over a couple of weeks ago. Finally! At her 6 month well child she weighed in at 17.6 lbs and was 26 inches long. She's in the 80% for weight and 60% for length. So she is starting to taper down since her 4 mo check.
She is a happy girl, but very spoiled. She wants to be carried around most of the time if possible. We moved her in to Maddie's room a few weeks ago and that's going great. The first night was rough, but since then it's been good. She still isn't sleeping through the night. She wakes up at least once to eat than goes back to sleep until about 6 am. She is a very early riser. I was hoping I'd catch a break on that with my third and last child ;-). She does let me lay her down now for naps which is so nice. Since we had to move my rocking chair out of the room, I was having to walk around in circles with her to go to sleep and that was getting pretty uncomfortable. She's no light weight. Now she just prefers to be put in her crib with her wabanub (binky kitty) and her blanket and she's out within minutes. No crying or anything. It's great!
Shes loves eating and can't get enough of her baby food. The only thing that she seems to not care for is carrots. Everything else shes been fine with.
She had her first big accident the other day. I'm sad to say that it was my fault it happened. i had put her in the stroller to go pick up Maddie and Max came out screaming about his shoes. I went to help him out and got him all situated and we walked to school. We picked up Mads, walked home and were standing in the driveway talking to my friend when we heard this horrible "Thunk". I looked down and Brooklyn had thrown herself out of the front of the stroller face first in to the concrete. I had forgot to strap her in. It was the most horrible thing. She had a pretty good goose egg and cried for a couple of minutes. I called the dr and they told me what to watch out for and to bring her in if I felt she was acting funny. She seemed totally fine after a couple of minutes, but I wasn't. I cried off and on all day and felt horrible that I had been so distracted that I couldn't even finish buckling her in. I had some major mommy guilt. I've never had something like that happen to one of my kids at this age. I talked to her dr about it yesterday and he said that things like that are usually much more traumatizing for the parent than they are for the child. I'm just so glad that she's ok. I won't be making that mistake again for a long time that's for sure!
I sure do love this little girl and can't get enough of her.
Here is a picture of the goose egg. Poor girl.
Little girl loves her bath time!
Rolling over
She still hates to be put on her tummy.
The little stink dumped all of maddie's hair bands out all over herself and the bed.
Such a little cutie :-)
1 comment:
I love her 6 month picture! It is so fun to have our girls so close in age.
Post a Comment