I can not believe it's been well over a month since I blogged. Life has been super crazy and so much has happened. So much in fact that I just don't have time to recap everything in this post.
First off.... My mother-in-law went in for double knee replacement the beginning of June. We thought that everything had gone great, until I got a horrible phone call from my sister-in-law Roxanne the next day asking me to come get her children because Vickie has just had a massive heart attack. The next three days after that are a bit of a blur. Luckily she survived the heart attack. Luckily she was in the hospital when it happened, or we probably would have lost her. She had a blood clot go in to her lungs and put her in to cardiac arrest. It happened just like that. No warning. One second she was standing and the next her heart had stopped. It was horrible. She was put in to a medically induced coma for 2 days to get her stabilized. Jeff spent almost every second of every day up at the hospital and I came up as often as I could with the kids. She was in the ICU for a whole week then was released to the orthopedic wing of the hospital almost a week, then was released to in care rehab for 4 or 5 days, then she got to go home. I think she spent almost 3 whole weeks in the hospital.
She is finally home but her recovery is really slow. We are all helping out with meals and anything we can do to take the load off of my father in law. We hope that Grandma will be back to her good old self soon.
Max's sleeping went from bad to worse when he decided to start working on a mouth full of teeth. Maddie was 14 months old before getting her first tooth. Last week Max broke his first, and he's got one more on it's way through right now. I'm sure the rest will be following shortly. So I don't really have much hope of sleep in the near future.
He's turned in to a bit of a mamas boy and I love it! He's such a cute little guy! He is sitting on his own now, which is so great! I walk in to the room quite often to see him and Maddie sitting on the floor playing together. I just love seeing them interact with one another!
I have a million pictures to upload, so I'll hopefully get to that soon, unfortunately I'm out of time right now.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! We sure did!
1 comment:
that is so sad about jeff's mom! glad to hear she is on the recovery end and doing better.
Post a Comment