Monday, May 16, 2011

Three!!


I am a mother of a three year old. Whaaaaaaaa!!! Where did my little baby girl go. She's growing up way too fast!
Maddie turned three on Saturday. She's the most hilarious little munchkin I know. She has been talking about her birthday for a couple of months now. So on Saturday she was on top of the world. She kept telling Jeff and I to call her "Birthday Maddie". It was great! We threw a little Birthday party for some of her little cousins and friends her age. She had so much fun. We couldn't have timed it better either, because not 20 minutes after the last guest left, it started a torrential downpour. Funny since we had perfect weather for the party.
Mads is a pretty smart little cookie. Every day she comes up with something new to amaze me. Today she was trying to convince me that her stuffed race horse was softer than her new stuffed Zebra so that I would want to play with it instead.
She is the best big sister. It took her a while to get used to having little Max around, but now she is in full on big sister mode. I love walking in to get him from his nap and finding her snuggling with him in his crib. Melts my heart. Today we were driving in the car and I heard her say, "What are you thinking about little buddy? Are you thinking about Maddie?". She tells him all the time that she loves him and she loves making him laugh. He lights up the moment she walks into the room.
I can't believe how much my life has changed since she entered it. I wouldn't trade even one day of it for anything. She is such a blessing to us. Happy Birthday to my sweet girl!!


2 comments:

Em said...

Can't believe how big she is!!! Happy birthday maddie!

Alex said...

Aww, Happy Birthday!